General FFA Facts
Today, there are 490,017 FFA members, aged 12-21 in 7,210 chapters in all 50 states.The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
This also includes Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
– 38% of FFA members are females; women hold more than 50% of state leadership positions.
– 77% of our membership is Caucasian; 17% is Hispanic and 4% is African American
– 89% of FFA members are in grades 9-12; 6% are in grades 7-8; 5% are high school graduates
– 27% of FFA members live in rural farm area; 39% the remainder live in rural non-farm;34% urban and suburban areas
– FFA Chapters are in 11 of 20 largest cities, includes New York, Chicago, and Philadelphia.
– The top five membership states are California, Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Ohio
– The 75th National FFA convention was host to 51,338 members, advisers, and supporters.
To learn more about LRHS FFA and talk about joining, contact our advisor Ms. Hallie Webb (email@example.com).